Sunday, July 25, 2010

I am grateful.

I am grateful that I have two wonderful grandsons who come from Oklahoma to stay with me a week each in the summer. They are very different from each other, and I enjoy them each differently. Last week I did many things with the oldest (14), one of which was painting, and he did a wonderful acrylic on canvas flower design. This week I will have fun with the other grandson (9), and I hope he will do some drawings. He did some last year that were charming.

I am raring to go to work on my newest painting which I started two weeks ago, but also happy to get to be a grandmother. I don't get to do that with my other two grandchildren who live in Florida. I'm glad I have the opportunity to get to know the boys and them to know me. That is easier to do when you have them one on one at your own house instead of just visiting them at their home when their parents are around. As every grandparent knows, the grandkids behave much differently when it is just them and me.

So, looking forward to passing some creativity time with my grandson tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment